Data breach notification requirements are going global. By spring 2018, companies operating in the European Union must comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation’s (GDPR) data breach notification requirements and the Network and Information Security (NIS) Directive’s security incident notification requirements. Stricter and more far-reaching notification obligations underscore the importance of establishing a proactive Security Incident Response Policy to analyze potential legal obligations and prepare to respond to incidents long before they occur.
To help you prepare to comply with these new requirements, Orrick Data Privacy lawyer Emily Tabatabai teamed up with Palo Alto Networks to offer a free webinar highlighting the key security incident notification requirements under both the GDPR and NIS Directive.
What you’ll learn from the webinar:
- Who is subject to these laws?
- What are the requirements and the deadlines under each law?
- What are the thresholds for notification, and who needs to be notified?
- How do these obligations compare to those already in place in the U.S.?
- What are the legal consequences of non-compliance?
- How should companies prepare to meet their oncoming obligations?
To listen to the Webinar and see the slide deck, please visit “Are you ready for the notification requirements of upcoming EU Legislation?”