Webinar (recording available) | June.25.2019
California was the first U.S. state to enact a sweeping new privacy law, known as the CCPA, with an effective date of January 2020. Nevada has now enacted a scaled-down version of the CCPA that is slated to take effect even sooner – as early as October 2019.
This webinar is the first in a series on U.S. privacy law developments in 2019 and covers:
- Who is covered by the California and Nevada consumer privacy laws?
- What do these new laws require?
- What practical, sensible steps can a company take toward compliance?
- How do I fold these steps into my existing program for compliance with laws like GDPR?
- How can I make sure my efforts for California and Nevada compliance anticipate what will happen in other states or even at the federal level?
- What are the real risks of enforcement under these new laws?
In addition to the webinar, complete Orrick’s free CCPA Readiness Assessment and receive your free report summarizing the likely key impacts of the CCPA for your business.
California MCLE Credit – Those requesting California credit should complete the California self-study form and retain for your records. You do not need to submit the form.
New York MCLE Credit – Those requesting New York credit should complete the New York self-study form and send it to Jane Gracey at [email protected]. The attendance verification code spoken during the program should be written in the space provided on the form.
CLE Credits Available: Y