Webinar | November 21, 2019
California has introduced sweeping changes in the U.S. privacy landscape. Starting January 1, 2020, the new privacy law will affect most medium to large businesses located in California, or doing business in California, regardless of where the business is located. Are you prepared?
This webinar is the sixth in a series on U.S. privacy law developments in 2019.
What you will learn:
- Who is covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act?
- What are the critical components required by the CCPA?
- What practical, sensible steps can a company take now toward compliance, ahead of the January 1, 2020 effective date?
- How do I fold these steps into my existing program for compliance with laws like GDPR?
- How can I make sure my efforts for California compliance anticipate what will happen in other states or even at the federal level?
- What are the real risks of enforcement under these new laws?
In advance of the webinar, complete Orrick’s free CCPA Readiness Assessment and receive your free report summarizing the likely key impacts of the CCPA for your business. Then come prepared with questions to ask the presenters.
CLE Credits Available: Y